LET THE TAXMAN HELP ST COLUMBA'S
A lump sum donation to St Columba's could be more valuable than you think.
To encourage giving to local charities the Comptroller of Income Tax has agreed that when a single donation of £100 or more (maximum in one year £500,000) is made to a local charity by any individual or company the charity may reclaim the tax applicable to the donation.
This scheme makes a big difference to St Columba's. For Example, if you give £800 this is treated as a gross payment of £1000 less £200 tax (at the current rate of 20p in the £.) We can claim the tax of £200 so your donation of £800 is worth £1000 to us.
The scheme is simple and only a few basic conditions must be satisfied:
- is resident in Jersey for tax purposes and has been so resident for at least 3 years on the date the payment is made.
- has paid, or will pay, income tax to the Comptroller of Income Tax at least equivalent to the tax in respect of the gift.
- is made in money and is not subject to a condition that any part of it can be repaid
- is not due under a deed of covenant
- is not part of an arrangement to benefit the donor, the donor’s family or an individual or company connected with the donor
- it is not linked to the acquisition of property by the charity except by way of gift
All you have to do is down load and complete this form (an R10 LSD) and return it with your donation to the Treasurer: Adian Moll C/O St Columba's Church, Midvale Road, St Helier, JE2 3YR
If you have any further questions about lump sum donations pease do not hesitate to contact Iain Blair firstname.lastname@example.org